European Money Week 2019
EUROPEAN MONEY WEEK
European Money Week is an annual initiative promoting financial education across Europe. The week is organised by national banking associations across Europe, including Banking & Payments Federation Ireland, under the coordination of the European Banking Federation.
European Money Week 2019 will take place on 25-29 March and involve activities and young people from across more than 32 countries. Here in Ireland BPFI is organising two main initiatives for young people to get involved in, the European Money Quiz and an Economist Webinar. Find out how you can take part below.
EUROPEAN MONEY QUIZ – 12 noon 12 March 2019
Join the European Money Quiz 2019 for the chance to win a trip to Brussels and a prize for you and your class!
What is European Money Quiz and how can I enter?
The European Money Quiz is a Europe wide quiz which aims to promote financial education amongst second level students.
If you are aged between 13-15 years old and want to test your skills against other students across Europe join the 2019 European Money Quiz to win a trip to Brussels and a prize for you and your class.
The quiz has two stages:
- National finals will take place in over 25 countries including Ireland. The national finals in Ireland will be run on at 12 noon on 12 March 2019 by Banking & Payments Federation Ireland (BPFI)
- Playing in teams of two, students must answer 15 financial education related questions and are given four possible answers.
- The quiz is run online through the Kahoot learning platform which means all students taking part play against each other directly and in real time in their own classroom. The team that answers the most correct questions in the fastest time wins.
- The two winnings students will win a two-night trip to Brussels along with their teacher to the European finals of the quiz as well as a prize for themselves. There also a prize giving ceremony in Dublin for the students who come in first, second and third places in the Irish finals.
- The European quiz finals will take place on Tuesday 7 May in Brussels.
- The two winning students from Ireland will play against students from across Europe in a live final answering 30 questions in total on a laptop. Similar to the national finals the students who answer the most correct questions in the fastest time win. In 2018 two Irish students from Meath claimed second spot against 25 other counties!
- The winning team will win a cash prize of €3,000 which their school can spend on a financial literacy project.
How can I enter?
To enter your teacher must register your class by emailing email@example.com
- teacher’s name and contact number
- school name and address
- the number of ‘teams’ entering from the class. A team is made up of 2 students
- we’ll send your teacher a guide to the quiz and all the registration details
To help you prepare for the European Money Quiz we have created a number of different quizzes. You can use these to prepare for the national finals in the money quiz or just to find out for yourself how financially literate you are.
Check out this video from the European Money Quiz 2018 to see what you can expect in 2019!
ECONOMIST WEBINAR – 2pm 28 March 2019
Register now for our chief economists live webinar for 5th and 6th year business and economics students
At 2pm on Thursday 28 March BPFI will bring together the chief economists from Ireland’s leading retail banks to deliver a live Economist Masterclass webinar for 5th and 6th year business and economics classes. The event will be streamed live during which the economists will each give a presentation on top economics issues of the day.
To register for details teachers should email their name and school details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to our Webinar held in March 2018 and streamed to over 100 classes nationwide are available here: