European Money Week 2020
EUROPEAN MONEY WEEK
European Money Week is an annual initiative promoting financial education across Europe. The week is organised by national banking associations across Europe, including Banking & Payments Federation Ireland, under the coordination of the European Banking Federation.
European Money Week 2020 will take place on 23-27 March and involve activities and young people from across more than 32 countries. Here in Ireland BPFI is organising two main initiatives for young people to get involved in, the European Money Quiz and an Economist Webinar. Find out how you can take part below.
EUROPEAN MONEY QUIZ 2020
Join the European Money Quiz 2020 for the chance to win a trip to Brussels and a prize for you and your class!
What is European Money Quiz and how can I enter?
The European Money Quiz is a Europe wide quiz which aims to promote financial education amongst second level students.
If you are aged between 13-15 years old and want to test your skills against other students across Europe join the 2020 European Money Quiz to win a trip to Brussels and a prize for you and your class.
The quiz has two stages:
- National finals will take place in over 25 countries including Ireland. The national finals in Ireland will take place at 12 noon on Tuesday 10th March 2020 and are run by Banking & Payments Federation Ireland (BPFI).
- Playing in teams of two, students must answer 15 financial education related questions and are given four possible answers.
- The quiz is run online through the Kahoot learning platform which means all students taking part play against each other directly and in real time in their own classroom. The team that answers the most correct questions in the fastest time wins. The quiz is broadcast via a YouTube link and each team plays using a laptop, tablet or phone.
- The two winnings students will win a two-night trip to Brussels along with their teacher to the European finals of the quiz as well as a prize for themselves.
- Following the Irish finals students who come in first, second and third places are invited to a prize giving ceremony in BPFI’s offices in Dublin on April 3rd 2020.
- The European quiz finals will take place on 28/29 April 2020 in Brussels.
- The two winning students from Ireland will play against students from across Europe in a live final answering 30 questions in total on a laptop. Similar to the national finals the students who answer the most correct questions in the fastest time win.
- The winning team will win a cash prize of €3,000 for their school.
How can I enter?
To enter your teacher must register your class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- teacher’s name and contact number
- school name and address
- the number of ‘teams’ entering from the class. A team is made up of 2 students
- we’ll send your teacher a guide to the quiz and all the registration details
- You must be aged 13-15 at the start of the school year to be eligible to enter
- participating students and their teacher must have an up-to-date passport and be free to travel with a BPFI representative to the final in Brussels on 28/29 April 2020.
To help you prepare for the European Money Quiz we have created a number of different quizzes. You can use these to prepare for the national finals in the money quiz or just to find out for yourself how financially literate you are.
Check out this video from the European Money Quiz 2019 to see what you can expect in 2020!
BPFI ECONOMIST WEBINAR 2020
Each year BPFI brings together the chief economists from Ireland’s leading retail banks to deliver a live Economist Masterclass webinar for 5th and 6th year business and economics classes. The event, which is streamed live, sees economists from AIB, Bank of Ireland, KBC Bank Ireland and Ulster Bank each give a presentation on top economics issues of the day.
A date for the 2020 webinar will be confirmed in the coming weeks. To register you interest in the webinar email email@example.com
To watch back our Economist Webinar from March 2019 click here.